Surah 18: Al Kahaf

Verse 31: For them will be Gardens of Eternity; beneath them rivers will flow; they will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and they will wear green garments of fine silk and heavy brocade; they will recline therein on raised thrones. How good the recompense! How beautiful a couch to recline on!

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Testing Testing!

It is 4:30 in the morning and here I am browsing the web not knowing what I am searching for. So I decided to write in this long neglected blog of mine.

Inshallah, with the will of Allah, I will document the life of a "Seeker of Silk Brocade" in Canada.

I choose that name, or title, or whatever you may call it, because I identify myself as such. I thought of calling my self "Seeker of Paradise", but that would destroy the uniqueness of this blog. Yes, I do want paradise. But I do not want it as an abstract state that will come in the future, but rather; I want its fruits, cushions, clothing, music, scent, and all that it entails.

I choose to remain in Canada to be an example to others. We live in a time and day where Islam is hijacked and attacked from all corners! Thus, I have recently decided to wear the niqab (face veil) to show the world, my school mates, professors, ‘moderate’ Muslims and everyone that I come in contact with, that I am an educated Canadian Muslim Woman who wants to show the world that a niqabi could be more then a housewife!!! (not that there is anything wrong with being a housewife)

Most niqabis (sisters who wear the face veil) are shy, and withdrawn from the mainstream society. I noticed that it was always others explaining to the west that no they are not oppressed nor forced into wearing the niqab. However, with me wearing one and being as active as I am, I hope people to see that this is my choice, as much as it is for a woman who decided to walk around topless!!!

Until Later, Fi'aman'illah,
S.S.B

No comments: